SYL Project: Capacity building to the Mongolian vegetable tanned yak leather cluster on bio-leather and bio-leather products (SWITCH/2021/428-657)
The SYL project will provide tools and knowledge to implement the use of more sustainable technologies in the Mongolian yak leather sector
The tanning industry is one of the most important industries in Mongolia, however it is still based on traditional practices, old facilities, equipment, and technicalities, leading to a small volume of yak hides suitable for entering the value chain. Based on that, the respective sector in Mongolia is in a major need for increased attention to environmentally friendly, green technologies and circularity of products.
The project aims to support the Mongolian Vegetable Tanned Yak Leather Cluster to improve circular economy in their production process.
- Reducing the environmental impact of production.
- Improving resource efficiency.
- Adopting circular economy practices, in order to allow its members’ integration into global greener value and supply chains.
- European Profiles S.A.
- Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MNCCI)
- Hellenic Association of Footwear Manufacturers and Exporters (ELSEVIE)
- Vakakis and Associates – Rural Development Consultants S.A.
- Mongolian Association of Leather Industry (MALI)
- Brand Gutal LLC