The Hellenic Association of Footwear Manufacturers and Exporters (ELSEVIE) constitutes the main representative body of the Greek footwear sector. Members of the Association are all the largest companies of the sector, responsible for almost the whole volume of Greek production and exports.
ELSEVIE is a member of the European Confederation of the Footwear Industry (CEC).
ACTIVITIES on national level
- ELSEVIE communicates regularly with the public administration, social partners and other entities, which show views and initiatives to promote the development of the sector.
- Systematically informs its members with workshops and newsletters of economic, technological, commercial and community issues and programs related to the activities of the sector.
- Signs the Sectoral Working Convention.
- Promotes the Greek footwear to the press.
- Distributes the shoe labeling tags for the implementation of the relevant EU legislation.
- Receives and informs all foreign buyers interested in the Greek production.
- Represents the footwear business in any event, conference and committee related to the activity.
- It monitors developments in technology and education.
- Prepares, collects and processes statistics and studies on footwear.
- Contributes to the development of information technologies in the industry.
ACTIVITIES on international level
- ELSEVIE communicates regularly with officials of the European Commission for the organization of Community policy in the sector.
- Represents Greece in the European Confederation of the footwear industry (C.E.C.).
- Participates in community consultation missions and the promotion of exports to third countries.
- Prepares studies and collects data on foreign markets.
- Works with counterparts in EU countries shared programs.
- It claims the Greek footwear industry with publications and events.
- Organizes the participation of Greek firms to foreign fairs.
Leonidas Tsinividis (1990)